The meeting of Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday, July 11, in London (the United Kingdom) with recuperating President Muhammadu Buhari is being doubted by legions.
Many believe the pastor and senior advocate who doubles as a professor of Law mismanaged the encounter by not doing a number of things.
Both governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti and Femi Fani Kayode (a former minister) claimed the ailing President’s condition is worse than Prof. Osinbajo painted.
The Acting President told the nation that Buhari was recuperating and in high spirit at the meeting where he briefed him for over an hour.
Here are the reasons for the doubts as compiled by encomium.ng:
1. The meeting was secretly plotted. And Nigerians only became aware through a tweet by an aide of the Acting President possibly when he was airborne.
There was no press release nor announcement of the trip.
2. The meeting lasted only just over an hour, according to the Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.
The shortness suggests that President Muhammadu Buhari was too sick to manage more time, or that the Acting President didn’t want to leave Nigeria rudderless for longer than necessary.
3. There was no press coverage of the meeting or address after the meeting in London.
No pictures or video of both of them before or after the meeting. Unlike previous visits by family and party officials.
4. The Acting President initially refused to tell the press anything about the meeting.
5. He eventually addressed the press, but didn’t say much. He was cautious.
Only that the President was recuperating, in high spirits and will return soon, was all he said.
And many have come to the conclusion that Prof. Osinbajo is not giving Nigerians the full picture!