Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) is getting more popular by the day as he guides a nation with unending challenges in these difficult times.
More Nigerians are becoming hopeful that we can actually be great again as the 60 year old Law professor steers the ship of state as his boss, President Muhammadu Buhari (74) recuperates in London (the United Kingdom).
In the last few days, the petite pastor has endeared himself to Nigerians with deft moves peppered by wisdom and temperance laced with a high sense of duty.
Here are 8 ways Prof. Osinbajo has won our confidence as compiled by encomium.ng:
1. He’s doing the right things by replanting hope in our bosoms and creating an atmosphere of serenity with his easy ways, calming manners and circumspection.
2. Presiding over Federal Executive Council meetings without skipping a beat. And showing so much maturity by carrying all the members along.
3. His nationwide broadcast on Democracy Day (May 29) was reassuring as he acknowledged government’s shortcomings. He also planted hope by enumerating programmes that will alleviate poverty and rebuild a strong nation.
4. Showing enormous respect for his boss (President Muhammadu Buhari), acknowledging him at every turn, and never stepping out of line.
5. Building bridges of unity by liaising with the National Assembly, and winning the confidence of the Senate and House of Representatives.
6. Interacting with the populace, and listening to our frustrations and challenges as the visit to the market in Abuja and mixing with children in Calabar show.
7. Inauguration of the industrial policy and competitiveness advisory board underscores his reliance on well-tested pillars of business to guide Nigeria out of recession into prosperity.
8. Giving Lagos government the nod to reconstruct Airport Road was a masterstroke as the gateway has become an embarrassment.