.. As she weds football agent John Shittu in London on June 6
The news of the London wedding of Queen of elegance Vivenne Chioloji and her football agent beau, John Shittu on June 6, in the well appointed Mayfair Library, is as exciting as it is titillating.
The love story and endurance of the society dame in her 50s is a fairytale we are all happy to witness.
- She runs Pride and Joy, a luxury show place which parades homeware those with high and refined taste can’t get enough of. Her shop used to be near Mega Plaza on Victoria Island, and later moved to Lekki Phase 1( both on Victoria Island).
- We cannot stop talking about her 40th birthday day with white tie as dress code. Staged at the Civic Centre, on Ozumba Mbadiwe, Victoria Island (Lagos), it was an assemblage of the young but serious movers and shakers. We remember Mo Abudu, Herbert Wigwe, Onikepo Braithwaite, John Obayuwana, Ifeoma Williams and many more at the classy gig with some adorning colourful masks.
- The long romance of the fashionista and her dandy boyfriend, John Obayuwana was well known. Many thought it would lead to marriage. For years, they were on-off-on, until they parted.
- Vivienne has a long list of society friends and acquaintances, and we can count amongst them Mo Abudu, Funmi Omitowoju, Dr. Tunde Soleye and many more.
- Her gift of knowing how to turn a home into an elegant and classy showplace with pots and pans, plates and cutlery, vases and objet d’art is legendary. She knows how to assemble pieces that will elevate homes to palaces.
- She lived abroad for a while in the United States of America, and her gift must have come from exposure.
- Everyone praises to high heavens her dress sense. She possesses an uncommon gift of knowing what is elegant, comfortable and appropriate. She was regularly voted by discerning writers, editors and designers as a delight to include on any best dressed list. When she graced red carpets, her ensemble made hearts flutter and skipped beats.
- The death of her younger sister, Jennifer in 2014, from diabetes complications devastated her. The pretty only sibling in her 40s was said to have started bleeding from her nose at a party in Imo, and passed on eventually.
All in all, many her happy for Vivenne Chioloji has she steps into matrimony…