THOUGH the President -elect, General Muhammadu Buhari has not made public his ministerial nominees, speculations are rife that some of his loyalists and APC stalwarts might be part of his cabinet and body of Advisers after his inauguration on Friday, May 29.
Some of the names being mentioned include:
- Rivers State Governor, Mr Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi (South South).
- Dr. Hakeem Baba Ahmed (North-West), the Coordinator of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Kaduna State and retired civil servant.
- Kayode Fayemi (South-West), former Governor of Ekiti State
- Senator Chris Ngige (South-East), former Governor of Anambra State
- Shehu Garba (North-East), media guru and spokesperson, Buhari/Osinbajopresidential campaign organisation.
- Prince Abubakar Audu (North-Central) former Kogi State Governor
- Babatunde Raji Fashola, Lagos State Governor
- Chief Dele Momodu (South West), former presidential candidate and publisher of Ovation International
- Dr. Oby Ezekwesili (South East), former Minister of Education
- Prof. Pat Utomi, Founder, Lagos Business School
- Dr. Nyerere Anyim (South East) Abia APC Guber Candidate
- Mr Umana Umana (South South) Akwa Ibom, APC guber candidate
- Dr. Hussein Dikko (NW)
- Prof. S. A Garki (NW)
- Sadiya Farouk (NW)
- Gen. Lawal Jafaru Isa
- Prof. David T- West (SS)
- Dr. Umar Mutallib (NW)
- Engr. Segun Oni (SW)
- Mrs. Sharon Ikeazor (SE)
- Sam Nda Isaiah
- Dr. Dakuku Peterside, APC governorship aspirant in Rivers State
- Gen. A. Dambazau (NW)
- Prof. Ango Abdullahi (NW)
- Dr. Kalu Idika Kalu (South East)
- Mr. Timipreye Silva (South South), former Bayelsa State Governor
Security agencies clear ministerial nominees?
RELATEDLY, an online news portal, Daily Post says security agencies have cleared some of Buhari’s ministerial nominees.
Those reportedly cleared were Engineer Segun Oni, former Ekiti State governor and APC Deputy National Chairman (South West).
Others are Dr. Kayode Fayemi, the immediate past governor of Ekiti State; Dr. Abba Ruma, a former Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources; and Chief Kanu Agabi, a former Minister of Justice.
The list also includes, Mr. Donald Duke, a former Governor of Cross River State; Governor Raji Fashola of Lagos State; and Yinka Folashade Oredola, a pharmacist from Ondo State.
Others on the list are Rotimi Akeredolu, a former gubernatorial candidate in Ondo State; Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State; Engineer Funsho Kupolokun, former Group Managing Director of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation; Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso of Kano State; and Bisola Adegbenro, a Senator-elect from Ogun State.
The news portal also revealed more names like Isaiah Danjuma, son of General TY Danjuma from Taraba State; Dele Momodu, Publisher of Ovation; Kehinde Lawanson, a former Executive Director of First Bank; and Chief Bayo Ojo (SAN), former Minister of Justice.
It promised to publish other names once they are confirmed by reliable security sources.
– UCHE OLEHI