President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote moved closer to becoming a sexagenarian on Sunday, April 10, 2016, as he turned 59 without pomp and pageantry.
The Kano state born business mogul is synonymous with success and hard work as Africans look up to him as a role model extraordinaire. Encomium.ng in celebration of his new age, compiles some amazing facts about Dangote you might not have known.
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote celebrated his 59th birthday without much fanfare, as he was busy at the ground breaking launch of his company’s $1 billion cement plant in Okpella, North of Edo State.
The Okpella Integrated cement plant upon completion is expected to produce a massive six million metric tonnes per annum (mmtpa).
2. Aliko Dangote is presently unmarried, but he’s blessed with three beautiful daughters – Halima, Fatima and Sadia.
3. Dangote is currently worth $17.3 Billion, according to Forbes, maintaining his status as Africa’s richest man.
He is currently ranked as the 51st richest man worldwide.
4. He topped the Forbes World Billionaires Losers list in 2015 as he lost a whopping $10.3 billion, more than any billionaire in the world.
5. Alhaji Dangote has always been close to all the governments in power and has always benefitted from them.
6. Dangote is the largest employer of labour in Nigeria.
7. He has his investments across a range of sectors in Africa, ranging from Cement, Sugar, Salt, Flour, Pasta and Beverages with new projects in development in the oil and Natural gas, telecommunications, fertilizer and steel.
8. Three of his closest friends are Billionaire, Femi Otedola, Ex Cross Rivers Governor, Donald Duke and Sam Iwuajokwu
9. Alhaji Dangote owns Private Jets and a Yacht anchored in front Otedola’s Walter Carrington, Victoria Island (Lagos) office.
Daniel Fayemi for encomium.ng