MTN has constantly raised the bar for brands delivering the most exciting experiences for its customers both during the Christmas period and all year round.
Last year was no exception as the company found a brilliant way to deliver on its mandate to make the lives of Nigerians across the country brighter through technology.
Here are five amazing things about the 2021 edition of the MTN Season of Surprises:
1. Customers were empowered to give: MTN departed from its custom of being Santa to create the opportunity for its subscribers to do the giving by enabling them to nominate their friends or family to receive a gift.
2. It was digital: Unlike previous years where the Season of Surprises featured physical activations, this year’s edition was completely virtual. Nominations were done on the new and improved myMTN NG app or by dialing a USSD code.
3. No additional cost to customers: The MTN Season of Surprises came at no cost to customers. The activities of subscribers on the myMTN NG app and USSD were not charged. This basically meant that customers were allowed to send a gift to their loved ones for free.
4. Awesome gift options: This year’s edition of the Season of Surprises came with cool gifts for the lucky nominees. Nominees received data, mobile devices or Jumia shopping vouchers for customised Christmas hampers.
5. The smiles: The joy and smiles on the faces of the nominees when they received their gifts is one of the most amazing things about the 2021 edition of the Season of Surprises. This is, after all, the reason MTN does what it does.