N’Golo Kante, 25, is the latest signing in Chelsea football club, after Chelsea paid Leicester City £32m for the French Midfielder on Saturday, July 16, 2016. Kante who was a key figure in the Leicester City squad that won the premier league, declined a new four year contract offered by Leicester to join the Stamford bridge blues, making him Chelsea’s new coach, Antonio Conte,’s second signing following the arrival of Michy Batshuayi from Marseille.
Here is all you need to know about the French international :
- N’Golo Kanté was born on 29 March, 1991.
- His parents are Malian.
- He is a French international who plays the central midfield role.
- He declined to play for Mali at the 2015 African Cup of Nations.
- He made his senior debut at Boulogne, a division 3 football club in France.
- He also played for Caen in the French Ligue 1.
- He made his France debut in a 3–2 win at the Amsterdam Arena against Netherland on 25 March, 2016.
- In 2015, he signed for Leicester City for a fee of €8 million.
- He was included in the French squad that finished runners-up at just concluded Euro 2016 hosted in France.
- On 16 July 2016, Kanté signed for Chelsea for a reported fee of £32 million.
- He made 40 appearances for Leicester City scoring 1 goal.
- He has 8 caps and 1 goal for France.
– Olalekan Olonilua for encomium.ng