Former National Television Authority (NTA) broadcaster, Ronke Ayuba is in mourning following the recent loss of her husband Senator Tanko Ayuba. The screen diva with a golden voice lost her husband to a protracted illness in the evening of yesterday May 25 at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital.
Here are 7 things should know about the Ayubas:
- Ronke Ayuba was a former NTA top broadcaster and was also a member of the Negotiation and Conflict Management Group (NCMG).
- The ravishing beauty got married to her husband, a retired Army General, Tanko Ayuba, who was also a Military Governor and later, Senator.
- For some time, the gorgeous ex-First lady disappeared from the social circles in order to take care of her ailing hubby.
- The 71 year-old senator Ayuba was appointed Military Governor of Kaduna state in 1990 and also once represented Kebbi South in the senate on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party and was awarded the prestigiousNelson Mandela Gold Award for his excellent leadership and contributions to society in 2008.
- The late Tanko Ayuba was on admission at a private hospital for two months.
- Among other high profile guests, Kebbi state Governor Bagudu Atiku paid him a visit on his hospital bed last week.
- Senator Tanko Ayuba, after battling the undisclosed illness passed on in the evening of yesterday May 25
– Ngozi Uwalaka for encomium.ng