The 2017 edition of Africa’s biggest beauty pageantry, the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria MBGN – sponsored by the Silverbird group and Evans Industries Nigeria Limited, a member of one of Nigeria’s foremost manufacturing, trading and distribution conglomerate, the Ekulo group – was a spectacular show with all the trappings of glitz.
With partnership from Meditol Medicated Antiseptic range of soap, manufactured by Evans industries limited, the pageant, in its 30th year, surpassed expectations.
The contestants, from 36 states and Abuja, who visited the factory where Meditol Medicated and Antiseptic range of soap (which protects heals and beautifies) are produced earlier that week, were a stunning lot.
But Miss Kebbi, Ugochi Ihezue, led the beautiful pack, and walked away with the crown.
Here are more fascinating facts about Miss Ugochi Ihezue…
- The new Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Miss Mitchel Ugochi Ihezue, is a graduate of University of Benin (Edo state).
- She read Fine and Applied Arts at the prestigious university founded in 1970.
- She is a native of Umukegwu-Akokwa in Ideato-North L.G.A of Imo State.
- She is from a family of 5, the first born and only daughter.
- Raised from a humble family, both parents live in Onitsha, Anambra state.
- Her mother is a banker with Unity Bank, while the father is a businessman who deals in chemicals.
- She loves painting a lot.
The co-sponsors of the 30th edition of MBGN have a range of family soap with five variants namely Meditol Original with Avacado extracts, Meditol Classic with Shea Butter Extracts, Meditol Gentle with Olive Oil , Meditol Cool with Menthol, Meditol Herbal with Aloe Vera Extracts.
Apart from Meditol, Evans Industries also manufacture other household items, including the popular Eva range of soaps and Hawaii range of Papaya & Carrot Whitening soaps.
Evans Industries Limited is a 100% Nigerian company with absolute belief in Nigeria with a proud maxim: We are proud of Nigeria.
The company says it wants Nigeria to be proud of it. According to Evans, “In making the Meditol soap range, Evans Industries limited is on a mission to prove that Nigerians can produce skin care soaps that are at par with international standards. The Meditol range is the next level in antiseptic and medicated soaps making waves in the country.”