Nigerians are divided over what steps Busola Dakolo, the photographer wife of popular singer Timi Dakolo, can take to bring to justice Biodun Fatoyinbo whom she accused of raping her twice while she was a teenager fresh from secondary school in Suleja.
The young mother alleged that the pastor of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly ambushed her in her house and in a secluded spot to ‘steal her virginity.’
And many her dismissing her move as one that will end on social media without meaningful conclusions. Those who care about the truth have listed 8 ways this trauma can end conclusively to encomium.ng:
(1) She should get a competent lawyer who’s also an activist to pen a petition to the Inspector General of Police and all relevant agencies with full accounts of her traumatic experience.
(2) She should keep the story on the front burner by involving her husband’s celebrity friends and influential Nigerians to demand justice. And for the matter to be fully investigated.
(3) She should align with non-governmental organisations to pursue her case to logical conclusions.
(4) Organise rallies to draw more attention to her plight.
(5) File a case in court against her alleged abuser and seek compensation and punishment for the rape.
(6) Complain formally to Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria and Christian Association of Nigeria.
(7) Grant further interviews and expose more details about the atrocity.
(8) Get more victims of rape and abuse who have accused the pastor. And get them to follow her steps and petition all relevant bodies…