The international blog which features the rich and famous, notorious and out of favour, Alux.com, show cased our own Alhaji Aliko Dangote on Monday, July 2, 2018.
With ’15 things you didn’t know about Aliko Dangote’, the video on YouTube, lists the 61 year old’s secrets.
Here are the 15 things plus 1 you didn’t know about the Kano-born billionaire:
1. His grandfather was the richest man in West Africa at the time of his death.
2. He’s the 100th richest man in the world.
3. He’s the richest person of African descent.
4. His uncle gave him a $5,000 loan to start a business.
5. His net worth is $14.1 billion.
6. He lost over $7.8 billion in 2014.
7. He was accused of forcing residents off land he wanted to buy.
8. He allegedly receives preferential treatment from government.
9. He donated $1.2 billion to his charitable foundation.
10. He owns a $45 million private jet.
11. The Dangote Group had more than $4.1 billion in revenue in 2017.
12. He’s building a $12 billion petroleum refinery.
13. He did not take a single vacation for his first 20 years of business.
14. He was part of the Panama paper leak.
15. He’s Nigeria’s first billionaire (in dollars).
16. He owns 25+ luxury cars.