All through his leadership of The Redeemed Christian Church of God from 1981 until now, three major criticisms hovered around the lovable General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye.
The serious and seemingly austere pastor was criticised majorly on these fronts as compiled by encomium.ng:
1. Acquisition of private jets by the church for evangelism attracted enough opprobrium to maim his reputation – but he survived it.
2. High tuition in the schools established with members’ donations was a sore point logic could not understand.
3. Traffic gridlock that lasts for hours on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway whenever there are church activities which can never be condoned in civilised societies.
4. State of the art cars in his garage reportedly labeled gifts.
5. Clinging too long to the leadership of the church even after he turned 70 five years ago, and in spite of being the G.O since 1981.