The meeting of Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, Speaker of House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara and President Muhammadu Buhari in London (the United Kingdom) this evening (Wednesday, February 15) is cause for joy in many ways. The pictures from the meeting say a lot about the health and well being of the 73 year old leader of the world’s most populous black nation.
Here are reasons the meeting with the leadership of the National Assembly should be joyful noise to patriots:
1. The President was not in the mustard Jalabia, which many have rubbished. He was in a dark kaftan and cap, showing some level of formality.
2. He stood and shook hands, apparently firmly with the three ‘august guests’. He was warm.
3. He was smiling, suggesting a more healthier version of the no-nonsense General as opposed to the stiffer and relunctant postures in some of the previous images.
4. He appeared far healthier and stronger.
5. And his body language showed a man now willing to be photographed to send a clear message that he’s not only alive but getting better.