Uchenna Precious Onwuamadike, the 31 year old wife of arrested billionaire, Chukwudumeje Onwuamadike, made startling revelations about her beau of 13 years from her base in Ghana.
The mother of five children spoke to vanguardngr.com about the man she met in 2004.
And here are 31 shocking details from her interview:
1. She was 17 and a senior secondary school 3 student at All Saints Secondary School, Orafite (Anambra state) when she met him.
She was coming from ‘lesson’ as she prepared for her final exams when fate brought them together.
2. She decided to be his woman as her family was poor.
3. Her husband narrated how his father married three wives when he was 6, and threw his mother out for adultery.
He was also eventually thrown out too.
4. He lived with his grandmother.
5. They have 5 children, the first is 12 (Udochukwu).
6. After the marriage, she lived with his mother in Akammili for three years. The old woman was to teach her how to be a good wife.
7. The couple then relocated to Lagos in 2006, lived in Satellite town for a year – but couldn’t afford the rent. He relocated them to the village where they spent another three years.
8. From the village, he moved the family to Ghana so that the children could get quality education. And by 2010, she was pregnant with their fourth child.
He managed to clear the arrears of rent in Ghana as he complained bitterly that his business was crippled following seizure of his goods by Customs.
9. She claimed she thought he was into haulage and spare parts business.
10. Having lived in Ghana for 6 years and hardly hearing from him, she complained to one of his friends who claimed her husband had a girlfriend in FESTAC.
11. Because of huge debts of school fees, she relocated to Lagos. And he moved them into his brother’s house in Agric area of Trade Fair.
12. He again moved them to a rented house in Magodo, and said his own property was almost completed.
13. They eventually moved to the Fred Shoboyede Street residence in Magodo where they lived for one year.
They never had visitors, only artisans who come to repair things.
14. She denied knowing he was a kidnapper. He never took her to his office, lied that they moved from place to place.
15. She didn’t know his friends and never attended any parties. She was warned to stay off Lagos women.
16. She and the children returned to Ghana on Tuesday, June 6, 2017. He promised to join them.
17. After trying to reach him, a cab driver who took them to the park for the Ghana trip she called confirmed his arrest.
18. She said she was shocked and has not eaten as the reports she read online were totally different from the image she built of her husband.
19. He claimed he was not rich. There was no sign of affluence around him. And only gave her N200,000 on a trip to South Africa last year.
Every expensive item he owned, he claimed they were bought for him by a friend.
20. But they had three vehicles – a Hilux, Grand Cherokee and another SUV.
21. He sent N20 million to his wife to pay rent and furnished the house in Ghana.
22. He transacted business with only one bank. And the bank’s official came to the house.
23. He was secretive, never answered calls in her presence and the phones had passwords. They are normally switched off.
24. He never slept out of the house, and she was not aware of his girlfriends.
25. He never smoked nor drank alcohol because of his stomach cancer.
26. She narrated that his father’s second wife bewitched him when he was four. That the woman, who was naked but for animal skin covering her groin, told him to put 7 stones in a bucket of water. That the 7 stones which would rise. And after doing so, without the stones rising, asked him to go ahead and play with his friends.
27. He regularly read Psalm 23 at noon. And took part in family prayers.
28. They attended Anglican Church… but he never showed off. The highest he donated was N50,000.
29. She begged for mercy and asked that his spoils of crime be seized and auctioned.
30. She has only N13,000 in her Diamond Bank account.
31. She’s from a good family. And they would have ended the marriage if they were aware of his criminal activities…
1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.