It’s official, TStv is coming to Nigeria on October 1, 2017… and it is going to be big.
TSTV, the new deal in town, is owned by ABS, and they are set to compete with Naspers for the market share in Nigeria.
Here are exciting details about the cable television service as complied by encomium.ng:
TSTV Nigeria or TSTV Africa is a joint venture owned by ABS and Telecom Satellite TV. TSTV signals will be distributed on the ABS 3A degrees west.
In Nigeria, ABS is trading with the name TSTV, but operates under the company name TELECOM SATELLITES LIMITED. TELECOM SATELLITE is registered under the Companies and Allied Matters act, Laws of Nigeria.
ABS is majority owned by the Permira fund which are advised by European Private Equity Firm Permira. ABS is led by a management team of talented and experienced professionals, and offers a complete range of End to End solutions including Direct to Home (DHT), Cable TV distribution (CATV), Cellular Backbone services with diverse IP transit through its European, Middle East Asian internet gateways.
15 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE CABLE TELEVISION STATION NIGERIANS ARE EXCITED ABOUT.
1. TSTV stands for “Telcom Satelite TV”, it’s a Pay-As-You-Consume TV provider in Nigeria, operated by ABS and Telcom Satellites TV.
2. TSTV is a DTH pay TV that offers a rich blend of local and international channels and packages for your Entertainment, News, Sports, Kids, Health etc. and will be distributed on the ABS 3A Africa beam, located at 3 degrees west.
3. The technology is the HBB TV tech. HBB is a combination of satellite and internet service for TV service. TSTV will run on 4.5g network every subscriber will get 20gig of data for 3k monthly, the data can also be used for video calls and wifi.
4. TSTV will be launching on October 1 with 100 channels including 12 sports channels for all the football leagues we want to follow.
5. The decoder also has a hotspot of 20Gb and video call conferencing with a camera.
6. The TSTV decoder will have 50 gb hard disk to record TV programs and a pause/play function.
7. It is the first Nigerian TV to launch a Pay as you use so you can pause your subscription whenever you are traveling.
8. It is just N5000 for the decoder and dish and subscription prices are N200, N500, N1000, N1500 and N3000 respectively.
9. TSTV Decoder + Dish cost N5000 . The TSTV Decoder Offers 200+ Channels but will start with 100+ channels, FREE 20GB Data, Video Calls, Pause Subscription, Record & Playback Feature And More.
10. TSTV Subscription Fee ranges from N200, N500, N1000, N1500 and N3000. Note that with TSTV, you don’t need to pay subscription monthly or periodically. You pay as you consume.
11. TSTV Africa will function in ALL states in Nigeria but will launch first in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Kano.
12. TSTV will be officially launched on the 1st of October 2017.
13. TSTV shows Live Sports like Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Europa League and so much more.
14. Some Sport Channels on TSTV Africa are Sport 1-10, Fox Sport HD, and Ts Sports.
15. Some of Entertainment Channels on TSTV are E entertainment, Tele Novela, Fox, MBC 4.
- AKINOLA ENIOLA